Waiting Times At Your Local Hospital
Find the waiting times at your local hospital:
Improvements to Access to your GP Service
Asplands and Woburn Surgeries are improving the way you can contact the practice.
Our new telephone system is now fully installed across the Asplands and Woburn Surgeries. Patients now know where they are in the queue and can request a call back if there is a long queue. We have also been able to shorten our messages as patients can be more easily directed and the messages are easy to update so can be kept more relevant. The information that we now have about the calls has enabled us to identify our busy times and create a new receptionist role to cover this.
In March 2020 we introduced an online consultation tool which enabled patients to outline their symptoms, how long they had had those symptoms, what they wanted and add photographs if appropriate. The benefits we have seen are:
- Patients can make a contact at a time that is convenient to them, even when we are shut.
- It can filled out on a computer or smart phone
- Clinicians can look through a patient’s notes before a consultation,
- Clinicians have a clearer understanding of what the patient wants
- Patients can be more appropriately prioritised according to clinical need
- Patients given links to useful and supportive guidance for their symptoms including effective self care
Going Live on 14th March 2022 For Appointment and Admin requirements
Following this success we are upgrading to a new online platform called Klinik. Patients will be able to put all admin requests as well as clinical queries and requests for a consultation via this online platform. This means online access to the practice will be streamlined , safer and more efficient as currently there are multiple routes of online access which make it difficult to monitor and action in a timely way . We would encourage all patients wherever possible to initiate their request for consultations via this service going forward. There will be the opportunity using Klinik to clearly outline:
- What are your symptoms
- Where they are
- How long you have symptoms
- How urgent you feel you symptoms are
- How and when would you like a clinician to contact you
- What you would like from the consultation
Help Us Help You – A guide to your local health services in Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes
With all the different ways to access health services, it can be confusing to know the best place to go.
Our guide can help you make the right choice.
Please view the below document for more information: