The District Nursing Team provide skilled nursing care for people who are housebound over a 24 hour period, 365 days a year.
- Support and nursing care for terminally ill patients.
- Wound care management.
- Post operative care.
- Management and support for patients/carers with long term illnesses.
- Catheter management.
- Teaching and educating patients/carers to adapt to limitations
- imposed by related health problems. Using self care procedures to enable patients to manage their own health needs.
- Treatment and monitoring of health problems within the local community, which require nursing intervention.
- The prevention of health complications associated with immobility, disability or existing illness.
- Referrals to other services.
Who can refer you to the District Nursing Team?
- Your doctor
- Social Workers
- Other Team members
- Yourself or your carer
- How to contact the District Nurse Team
The District Nurses are now based at Ampthill the telephone number to call is 08456 024064 (Onecall).
Record of Care
When the District nurse visits you, you will be given a record of care that the district nurse will fill in on every visit. The card belongs to you and it is your responsibility to keep safe. Sometimes it may be necessary to share information about you with other health professionals. This will only be done with your permission.
Community Long Term Conditions Nurse
- Helen Mills
- Victoria Black RM, RN
A Health Visitor is a registered General Nurse who has an additional year special training in Community Health Studies.
A Health Visitor is concerned with the health of the whole community and is the front line of preventative care and early detection of ill health. As such a Health Visitor acts as a health educator being able to counsel all members of the community.
If you pay your council tax to Central Bedfordshire Council please call 01525 631199 (Ampthill).
If you pay your council tax to Milton Keynes Council please call 01908 355175 (Neath Hill).